May 17 2021
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of May 17th.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- Electrical power installation continues on Saturdays through May 22nd.
- Chipping concrete and trench excavation may create some noise on Saturday, May 15th.
- Interior abatement work continues during the day and during the second shift evening hours. Levels 1 through 9 are clear with clean air. Work continues up the building.
- Trash and debris continues to be sent down the old elevator shafts inside the building. This activity is currently taking place between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- The podium hoist is operational.
- The exterior hoist is being installed/jumped and is scheduled to be operational the week of May 17th.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is relocating to www.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this new URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday of each month and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for June 2nd at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email email@example.com.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.