July 26, 2021
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of July 26th.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- Interior abatement work continues during the day and during the second shift evening hours. More than half of the floors have been abated and received clean air sign off. Work continues up the building.
- Trash and debris continues to be sent down the old elevator shafts inside the building. This activity is currently taking place between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM.
- Demolition activities on walls and concrete encasements continue on the lower levels in preparation for concrete and steel installation towards the end of July.
- The podium hoist is operational.
- Safety lighting continues to be installed up the building.
- Selective areas of concrete chipping around the perimeter of the building to prepare for façade removal will create intermittent noise.
- Façade panel removal will begin on the north side of the building starting on Monday, July 26th.
- Site fencing continues to move out and capture the sidewalks on Thorndike and Springs Streets. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site on Thorndike and Spring Streets.
- Scaffolding will continue to be installed around the envelope of the building.
- An Eversource temporary electrical power pad with security lighting is being installed and will be operational in the southwest corner of the sallyport.
- The exterior hoist is operational.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is relocating to www.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this new URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday bi-monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for August 4th at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email email@example.com.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.