Week of March 27, 2023
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of March 27th. Activities will take place on Saturdays starting at 9:00 AM.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
The construction mitigation hotline system has been updated. In the event of after-hours emergencies or concerns, please contact us at (617) 520-4983.
- Heaters will begin to be disconnected for the season.
- Concrete and steel re-working of deck openings continues on the upper levels in the building.
- Placement of structural steel to erect the mechanical penthouse is underway on Level 21, as well as for the penthouse.
- Concrete pours are ongoing on lower levels and the horseshoe areas.
- Structural steel and framing are ongoing at the North and South horseshoe areas.
- Safety temporary lighting is in place.
- Elevator installation is underway.
- Concrete curbs are being installed on the lower levels.
- Please note, activity will be taking place at all site gates periodically throughout the project. Location of work areas are subject to change.
- A tower crane has been installed on site to support panel installation. It will remain on site into spring and is designed to move or “weathervane” in the wind.
- Mast climbing scaffolding erection/operation is underway to support completion of the curtain wall. Two additional mast climbers are being erected on the south side.
- Concrete work will occur for the loading dock and column / beam encasements.
- Podium curtain wall erection is underway.
- Landscape work will begin on the Third Street elevation.
- Areas on the podium will be tarped while crews complete necessary construction prior to placing panels.
- The temporary loading dock has been relocated in the sallyport.
- Glazing continues on the façade corners of the building.
- Terracotta is being installed on the Spring, Thorndike, 2nd and 3rd Street facades, and on the podium.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site Third, Second, and Thorndike Streets.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is www.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities.
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for
April 5th at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email email@example.com.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.