Week of November 29, 2021
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of November 29th.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- All floors have been abated and received clean air sign off. Abatement continues to support panel removal.
- The main site activity has shifted from interior abatement and demolition to façade pre-cast panel removal.
- Demolition activities including jackhammering will take place at level 10 – 1 openings.
- Structural slab removal will occur in the penthouse.
- Preparation for winter weather is taking place and winter heaters will be operational the week of December 6th.
- Concrete and steel work continues on multiple levels moving up the building.
- Safety lighting continues to be installed and adjusted for specific tasks.
- Concrete chipping (light jackhammering) around the perimeter of the building is required for façade removal will continue through February 2022.
- The mobile crane will be relocated to the west side of the sallyport for removal of podium façade panels. It will remain on site through the third week of December, until the tower crane has been erected.
- Periform system preparation is ongoing on the Second Street elevation.
- Chipping for the foundation wall with jackhammering equipment will continue for the next few weeks.
- Coring for temporary risers will continue.
- Work will continue on preparation for the tower crane, now scheduled for installation in mid-December.
- Exterior tarping will take place on level 1 through level 6.
- Podium façade pre-cast and mosaic granite panel removal continues on 2ndStreet, working sectionally around the lower section of the building.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site on Thorndike and Spring Streets.
- An Eversource temporary electrical station with security lighting has been installed and will be operational at the end of November at the southwest corner of the sallyport at which time the generators will be removed from site.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is relocating to www.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this new URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for December 1st at 6:00 PM.Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 email@example.com
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.