Week of May 16, 2022
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of May 16th. Activities will take place on Saturdays starting at 9:00 AM.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- Abatement activities continue to support panel removal on upper levels behind orange containment enclosures and the one section of the podium, west side of the sally port remaining.
- Chipping of the LL1 slab will continue for the next few weeks. This activity will progress in phases through the summer.
- Demolition activities with jackhammering equipment is ongoing on lower and upper levels.
- Concrete and steel work re-work of deck openings continues on the middle levels in the building.
- Activities using the Brokk will take place this week at the center cut outs of the building for the next few weeks.
- Safety temporary lighting is in place.
- Bracing work in the basement is nearing completion.
- Please note, activity will be taking place at all site gates periodically throughout the project. Location of work areas are subject to change.
- Curtainwall preparation is ongoing.
- A tower crane has been installed on site to support panel removal and will remain on site for the majority of the project. The crane is designed to move or “weathervane” in the wind.
- Braces/kickers will continue to be installed to prepare for curtainwall panel installation in early June.
- The final section of exterior abatement is underway on the lower levels of on the Spring Street side of the building.
- PERI form system operational on all sides of the building and will be moving up the building as precast panels are removed.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site Third, Second, and Thorndike Streets.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is relocating towww.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this new URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for June 1st at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email email@example.com.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.