Week of November 28, 2022
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of November 28th. Activities will take place on Saturdays starting at 9:00 AM. Please note, no work will take place on Thursday, November 24th in observance of Thanksgiving Day.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
The construction mitigation hotline system has been updated. In the event of after-hours emergencies or concerns, please contact us at (617) 520-4983
- Demolition of the Level 1 deck slab is about complete, with cleaning taking place.
- Heaters, to prepare for winter weather, will have been mobilized to the site and will be operational 24/7.
- Concrete and steel re-working of deck openings continues on the upper levels in the building.
- Chipping of slab edges are ongoing on upper levels.
- Concrete pours are ongoing for the upper levels of the building.
- Safety temporary lighting is in place.
- Please note, activity will be taking place at all site gates periodically throughout the project. Location of work areas are subject to change.
- A tower crane has been installed on site to support panel installation. It will remain on site into spring and is designed to move or “weathervane” in the wind.
- Installation of the PERI Skydeck System is underway at the new 1stfloor level and will continue through December.
- Winter weather preparation is ongoing, with installation of tarping on the corners of the building.
- Mast climbing scaffolding erection is underway to support the completion of the curtain wall.
- The temporary loading dock has been relocated in the sallyport.
- Eversource crews are planning to work on Thorndike Street and will be closing the roadway to complete their scope of work. This activity remains to be scheduled.
- Glazing will continue on the façade corners of the building.
- Foundation pockets are being cut for replacement of select podium columns around the building, now on Second Street. This activity creates noise.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site Third, Second, and Thorndike Streets.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is www.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for December 7th at 6:00 PM.Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email email@example.com.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 firstname.lastname@example.org
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.