Week of January 17, 2022
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of January 17th. Work will occur on Monday, January 17th starting at 9:00 AM.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- Abatement activities continue to support panel removal.
- The main site activity has shifted from interior abatement and demolition to façade pre-cast panel removal.
- Demolition activities with jackhammering equipment is ongoing on upper levels.
- Structural slab removal will occur in the penthouse.
- Concrete and steel work continues on multiple levels moving up the building.
- Safety lighting continues to be installed and adjusted for specific tasks.
- Concrete chipping (light jackhammering) around the perimeter of the building is required for façade removal will continue through February 2022.
- A tower crane has been installed on site to support panel removal and will remain on site for the majority of the project. The crane is designed to move or “weathervane” in the wind.
- Periform system will mobilize to Second Street on Monday, January 17th.
- Façade removal will occur on the south elevation of the building for the next few weeks.
- At the bump-outs of the building, jack hammering will take place in certain areas to remove concrete encasement from the beams to support new façade installation.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site on Thorndike and Spring Streets.
- An Eversource temporary electrical station with security lighting has been installed at the southwest corner of the sallyport and is operational (replacing generators).
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is relocating towww.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this new URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for February 2nd at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 email@example.com
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.