Week of September 27, 2021
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of September 27th.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
- Lower noise second shift activities (6:00 PM -11:00 PM) and selective Saturday work will continue to take place through February 2022.
- Interior abatement work is nearing completion. The majority of the floors have been abated and received clean air sign off.
- The main site activity has shifted from interior abatement and demolition to façade pre-cast panel removal.
- Concrete and steel work continues on multi levels moving up the building.
- Safety lighting continues to be installed and adjusted for specific tasks.
- Concrete chipping (light jackhammering) around the perimeter of the building is required for façade removal will continue through February 2022.
- Pile drilling in the sallyport for the tower crane foundation is ongoing and will continue for approximately one week.
- Thorndike Street will continue to be closed, including the far side sidewalk, through the week of October 4th for high finned pre-cast panel removal from the Thorndike and 3rd Street sides of the building. Traffic on 3rd Street will be managed by CPD during the removal of the 3rd Street high finned pre-cast panels. Please note that air horns are used during this activity as a safety protocol.
- Podium façade pre-cast and mosaic granite panel removal continues on 2ndStreet, working sectionally around the lower section of the building.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site on Thorndike and Spring Streets.
- Scaffolding and exterior containment wrap will continue to be installed around floors 5 through 9.
- An Eversource temporary electrical station with security lighting is being installed and will be operational in October at the southwest corner of the sallyport at which time the generators will be removed from site.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is relocating towww.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this new URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday bi-monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for October 6th at 6:00 PM.Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns, please contact: (617) 520-4983 or email@example.com
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.