Week of February 6, 2023
Below is the 40 Thorndike Project Construction Update for the week of February 6th. Activities will take place on Saturdays starting at 9:00 AM. A small crew will also be on site on Sunday, February 5th.
Please note: Updates to last week’s content are bolded. Timing of work might fluctuate by a week or so, to accommodate in flux site logistics or make use of opportunity to shorten durations.
The construction mitigation hotline system has been updated. In the event of after-hours emergencies or concerns, please contact us at (617) 520-4983
- Heaters, to prepare for winter weather, are onsite and are operational 24/7.
- Concrete and steel re-working of deck openings continues on the upper levels in the building.
- Demolition of the Level 21 slab is complete and clean-up is ongoing.
- Placement of structural steel to erect the mechanical penthouse will occur on Level 21.
- Concrete pours are complete for the upper levels of the building.
- Safety temporary lighting is in place.
- Please note, activity will be taking place at all site gates periodically throughout the project. Location of work areas are subject to change.
- A tower crane has been installed on site to support panel installation. It will remain on site into spring and is designed to move or “weathervane” in the wind.
- Removal of the top section of foundation wall along 2nd Street is finishing up.
- Mast climbing scaffolding erection/operation is underway to support completion of the curtain wall.
- Glass is being installed on the corners of the tower.
- Podium curtain wall erection is underway.
- Areas on the podium will be tarped while crews complete necessary construction prior to placing panels.
- The temporary loading dock has been relocated in the sallyport.
- Glazing will continue on the façade corners of the building.
- Terracotta is being installed on the Thorndike and 3rd Street facades.
- Foundation pockets are being cut for replacement of select podium columns around the building.
- Site fencing is now in its reconfigured position. All pedestrians will need to use the sidewalks opposite the construction site Third, Second, and Thorndike Streets.
- Trucks exiting the site continue to use Second Street to Thorndike Street to minimize traffic through the neighborhood.
- Security cameras have been installed on site. Please rest assured that camera video footage will only cover areas within the property line.
How project neighbors receive updates:
- IMPORTANT NOTE: The construction updates website is www.thorndikeconstruction.com. Please bookmark this URL for your future informational needs.
- Construction updates will be sent out regularly, so you can reliably anticipate upcoming site activities
- We have formed a Construction Advisory Committee made up of abutters and a member of the local small business community. Project Construction Update Meetings will be virtually held on the 1st Wednesday monthly and be open to the public. The next meeting is scheduled for March 1st at 6:00 PM. Prior to the meeting, please visit this site to access the virtual meeting link: www.thorndikeconstruction.com/news-meetings/
- We want Project neighbors to stay as informed as possible! If you know someone who would like to be added to this distribution list, please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or concerns, please contact:
(617) 520-4983 email@example.com
Our team is here to ensure you stay informed and any of your questions or concerns are promptly addressed.